Monday, 1 February 2016
A Nod to Matisse Esme Dress
This wonderful printed cotton by Windham Fabrics is from designer Jan Avellana's first fabric collection for the brand. Her print designs in the A Nod To Mod range are inspired by artists including Henri Matisse and Alexander Girard, with graphic cut-out shapes and strong, flat colours.
It would have been a shame to cut up this fabric too much, so Lotta Jansdotter's Everyday Style Esme dress provided a clean shape that would best showcase the pattern. I added two (essential) patch pockets here but carefully matched them so that they are almost invisible.
This clocks up to being my fourth Esme (see my third, a fleece version here) and I have no plans to stop making them just yet!
It's still a little too cold to wear this dress without long-sleeved layering underneath but I know it will come into its own this spring and summer.
Labels:
Dresses Made,
dressmaking,
Esme Dress,
Everyday Style,
handmade,
Lotta Jansdotter,
Matisse





